Not really in the Peak District (not in the Peak District at all, actually) but a stunning spot for a walk, especially on a summer day, and nearly entirely pushchair friendly. Check the map at the visitors centre before you start then wander as your mood takes you, keeping an eye out for ducks, kingfishers and other birdlife. A great spot for seeing butterflies, too. Or sign up for a kids’ activity, held year-round.
- AREA: Attenborough, near Long Eaton
- DISTANCE: From 10 minutes to a couple of hours
- FACILITIES: Toilets, cafe and gift shop
- PARKING: By donation at the visitor centre
- GRADIENT: Flat
- TERRAIN: Well graded paths, suitable for all-terrain pushchairs
- OS MAP: not needed